The summer season is here, and for many small businesses these busy months can be the most profitable time of the year. From food trucks and lawn care maintenance companies, to convenience stores and breweries, small businesses across Buffalo benefit from the warm weather.
At Excelsior Growth Fund (EGF), we understand that the summer can be both a profitable and challenging time of year for entrepreneurs and we’re here to help. Through our affordable business loans and expert, one-on-one business advisory services, we’ve helped several businesses in Buffalo and Western New York access the funding and resources they need to meet the demands of the summer season. Our weekly financial education content in our Business Resource Library covers a wide variety of topics that can help you boost your business and meet your summer goals. Here are our top five recommended articles to help you make the most of the summer sales surge:
1. The Best Sources of Working Capital for Your Small Business: To help you find the best financing solution for your business as the summer season gets underway, we’ve compiled a list of four sources of working capital. From traditional bank loans to alternative community loans through organizations like EGF, this list highlights a variety of options to help you cover your summer expenses.
2. Small Business Loans: When to Apply and How to Prepare: In order to maximize profits during the busy summer season, many business owners need additional funding. In this article, we’ve outlined steps to help you prepare an application so that you can increase your odds of approval and get the working capital boost you need to make the most of the summer.
3. Top 5 Items to Include in Your Small Business Growth Plan
: When applying for financing, many lenders will ask to look at your business’s growth plan to get a better understanding of your vision for the future and the tools and resources you need to get there. To help you develop a strong growth plan that will fuel long-term business success, we’re sharing our list of the top five items to include in your small business growth plan. This information will help you impress lenders and increase your odds of loan approval.
4. Small Business Resources for Success: Working With a CPA
: Having an effective working relationship with your Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is important at any time of year, but it’s especially critical during times of increased profitability. Whether you’ve worked with your CPA for years or it’s your first meeting, our list of five key questions to ask your CPA will help guide your discussion and establish a strong and effective partnership.
5. 5 Tips to Improve Employee Engagement
: A key to running a successful and profitable business is knowing how to engage and motivate your employees. While some methods of employee engagement, such as raising wages and offering more expansive health and retirement benefits, aren’t possible for every small business right away, we’ve outlined five cost-effective steps you can take improve employee engagement, increase productivity and boost your bottom line this summer.
Interested in learning more about how EGF can help you meet your business goals? Visit EGF’s Business Resource Library for more financial education articles or contact our Business Advisory Services team for additional assistance. If you’re ready for financing now, applying with EGF is fast and easy. Complete our digital application in 20 minutes and we’ll send a decision within two business days. We’re ready to help your business grow and reach its full potential.